Summary: The best ways to pamper yourself this spring might be somewhat unexpected. Look, we’ve all made it through a long and kind of grueling winter. After those kinds of winters, you need to spend some time looking after yourself. So even though pampering has kind of a negative connotation, in this instance it’s a great measure to take for your mental wellbeing. Besides, it’s never a bad idea to pamper yourself, is it?
What Are the Best Ways to Pamper Yourself This Spring?
After a long winter, Spring is finally starting to show its face. And that means that now is a great time to give yourself a little love. That’s why we’re talking about the best ways to pamper yourself this spring. Now, in some ways, we’re going to mean “pamper” in the traditional sense–hair, makeup, pedicures, and so on.
But it’s 2018, and there are brand new ways to pamper yourself. I know that maybe it sounds shallow or self-absorbed. The reality is that we live in stressful times, to the point where even just holding down a job and getting through your day can become a high stress endeavor.
The idea of “pampering” yourself sounds luxurious, but we have found that it’s actually incredibly necessary from a mental health perspective. You need to give yourself the chance to take a step back and relax once in a while. Spending some time to feel great about yourself can help you recharge your batteries and cope with the stress of life that, often, continues unabated. Spring is a great time to do this because you’re basically surrounded by renewal! What are the best ways to pamper yourself this spring? Let’s take a look!
Take a Staycation
Vacations can be incredibly expensive. That’s why one way to pamper yourself is to take a nice little staycation. Whether you’re someone who has to move all the time or you like to spend your days off sleeping until noon, a staycation can offer you a chance to get back to your baseline and spend some time with yourself.
Now, most people think of a staycation as boring. But there’s a ton of stuff you can do–and it’s all suited to how you want to spend your time:
- Binge Netflix: That’s right, if you wanted to you could spend your vacation binging Netflix. It won’t make for the most exciting time, but there’s something to be said for turning your brain off for a couple of days.
- Explore your town: Where ever you live, there are likely secrets you haven’t encountered. Exploring the town you’re living in is a great way find some excitement and interest right around the corner.
- Eat out. A lot: One of the things that I always want to get away from when I go on vacation is cooking. So taking a few days to eat out more than usual is a nice way for me to make sure my staycation is nice and relaxing.
However you decide to spend your staycation, it’s a great way to recover from the stresses of life. At least, before you hit the grind again.
Hit the Medical Spa Instead of the Day Spa
Now, to be fair, I have absolutely nothing against day spas. It’s a great way to go and relax. But everyone who writes about pampering yourself is going to write about day spas. So we’re going to change it up a little bit and write about something else: medical spas.
Now, a medical spa is a place where you can go and get some cosmetic procedures performed. Among the services that most medical spas offer are the following:
- Botox injections to eliminate lines and wrinkles
- Dermal filler injections to get rid of wrinkles and to fill volume in your face
- Kybella injections that are designed to eliminate a double chin
- Chemical peels designed to make your skin look radiant and youthful
- Vitamin injections that can help give you a boost of energy
In other words, medical spas have a ton of options. And the benefit is that you get to appear more youthful and rejuvenated: that’s something that will carry over beyond your “pampering period,” and you’ll get to enjoy the benefits for months to come.
Get a Massage or a Car Wash
I wanted to end by talking about two completely different ways to pamper yourself, although they’re kind of related. Bear with me here. Those two ways to pamper yourself are:
- Getting a massage: Now, a massage is a great way to help your body relax. Massages have been shown to have all kinds of medical benefits, especially if performed over time. When you get a massage, it’s a way of showing that you value your body, that you value your comfort, and that you value yourself.
- Getting a car wash: To be sure, a car wash is not going to feel as good initially as a massage will. But you’ll get a boost of confidence and happiness when you see your nice, clean car. It’ll make you smile, and that can be a great thing on a spring morning.
Getting a car wash and a massage both come from the same place: that notion of, I am worth investing in. Pampering yourself isn’t about being self-centered, it’s about realizing that you have value. It’s about investing in yourself. That’s why the best ways to pamper yourself this spring all involve making that investment. Take some time for yourself this spring. You’re worth it!